How TBD Enterprises LLC can help you solve your Ergonomic Issues!
Ergonomics has been defined as:
The science related to man and his work, embodying the anatomic, physiologic, and mechanical principles affecting the efficient use of human energy.
According to OSHA, finding solutions to the problems posed by ergonomics hazard may be the most significant workplace safety and health issue. Dr. J. Donald Miller, recently retired Director of NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health), is quoted as saying, “that by any epidemiological criteria, occupational musculoskeletal injures represent a pandemic problem in the United States with gigantic effects on the quality of millions of peoples’ lives every year.”
• Repetitive Motion Illness or Cumulative Trauma Disorders represent almost 1/2 of all occupational illnesses reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
• Ergonomic disorders including CTS, various tendon disorders and lower back injuries, are the most rapidly growing category of OSHA recordable injuries and illnesses. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that of all occupational illnesses, musculoskeletal disorders rose from 18% to 56%. Though cost estimates vary greatly, it is believed that medical and workers’ compensation costs of these disorders are estimated to exceed $100 billion annually.
• 1% of the population has been estimated to suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Workplace illnesses associated with repeated trauma, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, accounted for slightly more than 60% of the new cases.
• Back injures alone account for more than 1/3 of all workers’ compensation costs.
• For upper body cumulative trauma, the average cost per case is estimated at $15,400
• From the National Council on Compensation Insurance, the high cost of workplace injuries is reported as:
|Condition|| Avg. Cost/Claim($)
|| % of Claims
These numbers that affect your insurance premiums, machine downtime, overtime, etc. can be reduced and at the same increase production and efficiencies.
Let us ask you an honest question now. Do you or your company take in to account these costs when doing an ROI for a piece of equipment? No need to answer, if you are like every other company that I have ever dealt with the answer is no!
These numbers are hard to quantify and are almost always overlooked as part of an ROI; but they should, at a minimum, be a part of the conversation when discussing robotics, dedicated automation and other equipment purchases.
We at TBD Enterprises LLC understand the need for ergonomic solutions. Having grown up in the manufacturing world we have seen the results of repetitious work in manufacturing and the attempts to meet customer demands without enough employees to do the work; Many times the employee shortage is due to employees out on workman’s comp leave. It wasn’t by accident that we chose our course in robotics and automation and we believe that we can help you too, to lean your operation, increase operator safety, and lower your workman’s comp insurance premiums, by eliminating those repetitious jobs and improve your efficiencies.
Give TBD Enterprises LLC the opportunity to show you some of the latest innovations in automation. The use of force sensing and other hardware / software solutions that our integrators have implemented for those tasks that couldn’t be automated 5 years ago, can now be done cost effectively today.
Let us show you how!